Call for Abstracts
Abstracts Submission Guidelines
The organising committee welcomes proposals for special themed sessions and/or panels within any track or across more than one track. Each abstract submitted as part of a special themed session must be submitted separately, with the title of the specially themed session and the organiser(s) of the special session clearly denoted.
SOAC 2019 offers two options for paper submission:
- Fully peer-reviewed papers
Authors choosing this option should submit a short abstract of no more than 250 words plus up to 5 key words by 8 March 2019. Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit a full paper of 5,000 words for peer review commencing June 2019.
Successful papers will be published in the SOAC 2019 proceedings.
- Extended abstract and presentation
Authors choosing this option should submit an extended abstract of between 800 and 1,000 words by 31 March 2019. Authors of accepted extended abstracts will be invited to present their work at the conference in a format proposed at the time of abstract submission.
Accepted abstracts will be published in a separate section of the proceedings.
Abstracts (for both options) must be submitted online through the links below:
The system will prompt you to enter:
- A title (and optional subtitle) of no more than 25 words
- Names and affiliations of all authors
- Name, contact details and brief bio (no more than 60 words) of the author(s) presenting at the conference
- The track under which you would like the abstract to be considered (Note: the LOC reserves the right to consider your paper under a different track to that indicated)
- If you choose Option 2, the preferred format for presentation (15 minute talk, poster, creative work, etc – up to 10 words)
- If your presentation is proposed as part of a special themed session/panel, the session convenor and title
- The abstract text (see word limits for Options 1 and 2 above). For Option 2, you will be asked to upload a Word document conforming to the template supplied.
- Confirmation of your availability to act as a reviewer for papers submitted under Option 1.
- An abstract confirmation email will be sent to the presenting/submitting author upon successful submission of the abstract.
- Communication will be with the presenting/submitting author only, via the email address submitted.
- Lodgement of an abstract acknowledges your consent to publication of the abstract in Conference publications (hard copy or electronic) provided to all delegates (if accepted).
- Authors who submit an abstract may be requested to participate in the peer review of abstracts and papers
ECR Scholarship Sponsor